0 of 10 questions completed
You have already completed the quiz before. Hence you can not start it again.
Quiz is loading…
You must sign in or sign up to start the quiz.
You must first complete the following:
0 of 10 questions answered correctly
Time has elapsed
You have reached 0 of 0 point(s), (0)
Earned Point(s): 0 of 0, (0)
0 Essay(s) Pending (Possible Point(s): 0)
3. Procedure A is one you do routinely and it is on the “inpatient only list”. A patient comes in today at 0600 and then goes to the OR where you perform Procedure A. The patient does extremely well and asks to go home at 515 pm. You agree and therefore discharge the patient to home. You would bill this patient for the Procedure A how….?
5. A Medicare patient is placed in the hospital with observation services for heart failure. What is needed on day two for her care? (Choose ALL that are correct)
6. Documentation on day two to merit inpatient admission includes (choose ALL that are correct)
7. One day inpatient stays, based on CMS guidance, are expected to be
8. Physical findings must support a safe discharge for patients to go home. Some examples of this include (chose ALL that apply):
9. True statements about the Two Midnight Rule include (choose all that apply):
10. A patient with COPD exacerbation is admitted with a room air sat of 83% (new for her). CXR shows cephalization and there is a 10 pound weight gain from her office visit 2 weeks ago. EF with the last month was 35%. Six weeks ago, the patient was admitted with a similar problem, but decompensated and needed a three week hospital stay. This clinical scenario mirrors that and you feel she needs inpatient care. At 5pm on day two, she is off of oxygen, feels “100% better” and is wanting to go home to see her aged husband who is on hospice. Family is supportive and you arrange for hospital follow-up in 2 days with her PCP. She ambulates and on room air her saturation is 94%. You decide to let her go home. Her admit status:
4. A Medicare patient comes in for a procedure you normally do often with a discharge home the same day of the procedure. This procedure was removed from the Inpatient Only List (IPO) on 01/01/2021. This patient getting the procedure has DM, labile blood pressure, COPD, and has a BMI of 41. You feel that the patient will need to stay over at least two days after surgery to make sure the medical conditions are stable before discharge home. Correct statements about this patient’s care include:
1. There are three basic ways to place a person in the hospital for care. They are to receive (choose all that pertain)
2. A Medicare patient is admitted early AM and has a shoulder scope that is uncomplicated. After a period of post-op care with no concerning issues, the Attending decides to let the patient go home at 445pm that same day. Given this presentation, the procedure would most likely be billed as