0 of 32 questions completed
You have already completed the quiz before. Hence you can not start it again.
Quiz is loading…
You must sign in or sign up to start the quiz.
You must first complete the following:
0 of 32 questions answered correctly
Time has elapsed
You have reached 0 of 0 point(s), (0)
Earned Point(s): 0 of 0, (0)
0 Essay(s) Pending (Possible Point(s): 0)
9. The following were stated reasons for collecting a clinically pertinent history (select THE MOST APPROPRIATE option)
25. To bill a Transitional Care Management visit, which of the following must occur (choose the best answer)?
10. You spend 10 minutes today in review of the record, notes from the GI provider, and checking lab results. You spend 20 minutes FTF with the NEW patient and then 12 minutes to do the note. The appropriate billing code for this patient, if we used TIME, would be
26. TCM services are appropriate after discharge from all of these scenarios, except:
11. Which of the following DOES qualify for drug therapy requiring intensive monitoring for toxicity?
27. CPT 99495 requires what amount of medical decision making?
12. A longstanding 77 yo former smoker-COPD patient presents to see you due to SOB and worsening cough with purulent sputum production of six days duration. Saturations on RA are 89% with ambulation, 92% at rest (96% baseline). CXR is negative, but given the presentation, you recommend a short stay in the hospital to get “tuned up”. He refuses, but agrees to follow-up with you in the AM or call tonight if things worsen. You agree with the plan and prescribe appropriate medications. Based on the MDM, this would be billed
28. TCM documentation requires:
13. For the history key component for the 99221 (level 1 admit note), the HPI requirements
29. The number of providers allowed to bill for CCM services is
14. The Interval Detailed History
30. Chronic Care Management services are best offered after an initiating visit is completed to outline specifics of the care to be offered. This visit is coded using G0506 and is added to the E/M visit that day. It is to be done (select all that are TRUE):
15. Which one of the following is TRUE?
31. The initial time course to be exceeded in a given month to bill the 99490 is
16. Regarding the 99222 and 99223 (Initial Inpatient Care) admission codes…
32. The Care Plan is described as being a “roadmap” for the patient, provider, and care team to have as a “living plan of care”. It should include (select ALL that apply):
17. A Medicare patient is admitted early AM and has a shoulder scope that is uncomplicated. After a period of post-op care with no concerning issues, the Attending decides to let the patient go home at 445pm that same day. Given this presentation, the procedure would most likely be billed as
2. The Medicare Part B program
18. Procedure A is one you do routinely and it is on the “inpatient only list”. A patient comes in today at 0600 and then goes to the OR where you perform Procedure A. The patient does extremely well and asks to go home at 515 pm. You agree and therefore discharge the patient to home. You would bill this patient for the Procedure A how….?
3. Prescription drug cost is covered under which Medicare program?
19. A Medicare patient is placed in the hospital with observation services for heart failure. What is needed on day two for her care? (Choose all that are correct)
4. To have success in the business of hospital-based medicine, one must
20. Documentation on day two to merit inpatient admission includes
5. Time is now one mode of billing a patient for care. The following tasks can be counted for the total time performed by the billing provider EXCEPT:
21. All of the following are FALSE about the Medicare Wellness Visits available to beneficiaries EXCEPT:
6. Which of the following does not qualify for drug therapy requiring intensive monitoring for toxicity?
22. Medicare Wellness Visits (choose the best option)
7. A patient comes in for a blood pressure follow-up. Your nurse notes that the patient has seen a cardiologist since the last encounter with you and she takes it upon herself to reach out and get records. This process takes her 16 minutes in additional work to get the patient ready. You can
23. Things NOT recommended to be covered at the stand-alone Medicare Wellness Visit
8. A 76-year-old Medicare Advantage patient is seen for diabetes and HTN. Care is delivered and the patient is told to keep taking medications and to follow-up in 6 months for a repeat encounter. No labs were ordered or analyzed today. What level of MDM based on the 2021 guidelines?
24. A 65 yo patient receives the IPPE in 02/2017. They return 13 months later and have not had a Medicare Wellness Exam since 02/2017. They should