0 of 10 Questions completed
You have already completed the quiz before. Hence you can not start it again.
Quiz is loading…
You must sign in or sign up to start the quiz.
You must first complete the following:
0 of 10 Questions answered correctly
Time has elapsed
You have reached 0 of 0 point(s), (0)
Earned Point(s): 0 of 0, (0)
0 Essay(s) Pending (Possible Point(s): 0)
2. Time is one mode of billing a patient for care. Which of the following tasks cannot be counted as part of the total time performed by the billing provider when time is used for billing?
3. A patient comes in for a blood pressure follow-up. Your nurse notes that the patient has seen a cardiologist since the last encounter with you and she takes it upon herself to reach out and get records. This process takes her 16 minutes in additional work to get the patient ready. You can
4. You spend 10 minutes caring for an established patient with two chronic stable illnesses (HTN, Hyperlipidemia) that are managed with prescription medications in a visit where no labs were drawn and no adjustments to the medication regimen were made. This merits what level of MDM?
5. You see an established patient with two chronic conditions that are stable, and no medications were adjusted in a visit. No labs were drawn, and you spend 17 minutes of total time in pre-visit chart review, performing the patient encounter, and chart documentation. All tasks were completed on the same calendar date that the patient was seen. The bill for this patient is
6. Per CMS, the prolonged service add-on time code G2212
7. Which of the following does not qualify for drug therapy requiring intensive monitoring for toxicity?
8. A longstanding 77 yo former smoker-COPD patient presents to see you due to SOB and worsening cough with purulent sputum production of six days duration. Saturations on RA are 89% with ambulation, 93% at rest (96% baseline). CXR is negative, but given the presentation, you recommend a short stay in the hospital to get “tuned up”. He refuses, but agrees to follow-up with you in the morning or call tonight if things worsen. You agree with the plan and prescribe appropriate medications. The total time for the encounter, including chart documentation is 34 minutes. Based on the 2023 E&M MDM Guidelines, this would be billed
9. Categories are used to make up the components of the DATA aspect of the evaluation and management related to the Medical Decision Making (MDM) of the ambulatory encounter. The high MDM and moderate MDM differ in that
10. Examples of an “independent historian” as defined by the 2023 Evaluation and Management Guidelines include (select all that are correct):